The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is a 9-day festival held every year in Albuquerque. Visitors from all over the globe descend up the Southwest to see this magnificent event and later spend time traveling around and enjoying other parts of Northern New Mexico. So far in 2020, the event is still scheduled and will mark the 49th year of this incredible celebration.
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is easily one of the most majestic festivals in the world, set against the ruggedly beautiful landscape fo the Rio Grande Valley. Whether you’ve been to this hot air balloon festival before or this will be your first time, we encourage you to join us in Albuquerque this fall and experience New Mexico like never before. After you’ve seen everything there is to see at the hot air balloon festival, come spend a few days at our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast, where you’ll be well situated between the best attractions northern New Mexico has to offer. Book a room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today
Enjoy These Activities at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
The 2020 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
is currently scheduled to take place from October 3rd – 11th. It’s still on track to take place as planned
. The event takes place on 365 acres of space near Albuquerque and features more than 500 unique and beautiful hot air balloons; a far cry from the initial event in 1972 that featured just 13 balloons!
October is truly one of the most beautiful times of year to be in New Mexico, which is why so many people attend the festival and then spend time appreciating the majestic beauty of other parts of Northern New Mexico. It’s still perfectly warm and enjoying in Albuquerque in October, the skies are generally clear, and the breezes are mild and well suited to flying hot air balloons.
Over the 9 days of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, there are a number of great events worth attending. A few highlights include:
- The Mass Ascension, when all of the participating balloons take to the sky all at once. It’s an unbelievable display of color against the starkly contrasting landscapes of the Rio Grande Valley.
- The various Balloon Glows (and the traditional Glowdeos!)that take place over the course of the week, in which the balloons light up the night sky around Albuquerque for a truly romantic display. The Balloon Glow held during this event is the largest in the world, and one of the most magical moments of the entire week. Glows will take place on October 3, 4, 8, 9, and 10.
- Skydiving shows by Team Fastrax.
- America’s Challenge Gas Balloon Race Launch.
- Various hot air ballooning task competitions.
- A Chainsaw Carving Competition & Auction.
- The Afterglow Fireworks Show, taking place after each night of balloon glows.
- The concurrent Music Fiesta, which includes big-name headliners from around the country, is a great way to spend your time when the balloons aren’t starring in the show.
Tickets can be purchased online
, which savings offered for advanced ticket purchases. Beyond the basic tickets, there are VIP packages available to take your Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta experience to the next level.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Northern New Mexico
After you’ve had your fill of hot air balloons at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, don’t miss your opportunity to explore the rest of New Mexico. This includes visiting towns like Santa Fe, one of the most culturally and artistically diverse towns in New Mexico, and Taos, home to a beautiful ancient Pueblo and a variety of native artists.
If you’re looking for the ideal place to stay for your northern New Mexico adventures, there’s nowhere better than our Bed and Breakfast. We’re located in the charming small town of Chimayó, which is situated between both Santa Fe and Taos, and therefore close to all of the most popular attractions in northern New Mexico.
, comfortable guest rooms
, exceptional views, and warm and welcoming hospitality are just a few of the things you can expect to encounter at our Inn. A few days here, and we think you’ll be ready to start planning your next trip to the stunning beauty of northern New Mexico. Start planning your adventures today, and book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today