Welcome to One of the Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Santa Fe
Pets are more than just companions, they are members of our family! That’s why we believe a family vacation should include everyone, including your furry friends. Casa Escondida is proud to offer pet-friendly lodging in our unique Chimayo bed & breakfast. The elegant accommodations are the perfect alternative to other pet-friendly hotels in Santa Fe and provide everything you need for a memorable Southwest getaway that you’ll be talking about for years to come.
5 Rooms for Pet-Friendly Lodging in Santa Fe, NM
Unlike typical pet-friendly hotels in Santa Fe, Casa Escondida’s guest rooms are appointed with traditional New Mexican decor, spacious living areas, and a complimentary hot breakfast in the sunny breakfast room each morning of your stay. Upon arrival, your four-legged friends will also be treated to a delectable doggie treat and a “bottomless bag of biscuits.” Here is a quick overview of our pet-friendly accommodations that you’ll want to book for your next getaway!
Sun Room: Attached to the Main House, this large guest room features a small work area, a queen-sized bed, a daybed that converts into two twin beds, and a ground-level patio surrounded by a charming butterfly and hummingbird garden.
The Casita: With a bedside kiva fireplace, saltillo tile floors, full kitchenette, cozy queen-sized bed, and convertible daybed, the Casita is perfect for private retreats and long family stays. Plus, the private deck supplies breathtaking views of the pastures and foothills.
Uno Garden Room: This cozy abode is detached from the Main House and features one queen-sized bed, a small work area, private bathroom, and saltillo tile floors. As you relax on your shared covered porch, you and your pup will be able to watch the hummingbirds sip on the feeders and enjoy the lovely pasture views.
Dos Garden Room: Located adjacent to the Uno Garden Room, this beautiful guest room features wooden tongue and groove ceilings, a small work area, private bathroom, and saltillo tile floors. The porch is the perfect spot to unwind after a full day of New Mexico adventures and take in the views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains.
Sage Room: This elegant guest room is located in a separate building on the bed & breakfast grounds and boasts its own private entrance. Guests and pets alike love the suite’s private covered patio, large 2-person soaking tub, and peaceful seclusion.
Rules and Guidelines for DogsThere is a lodging fee of $15 per pet, per night.
- Have your human make arrangements for your arrival in advance by calling: 1-505-351-4805.
- Did you forget your doggie bed? Let us know! We have a little rug that we can put in your room during your stay.
- Unfortunately, you can not join the humans for breakfast in the main house.
- If you’re the type of pup that can’t resist getting on the bed, let us know. We are happy to provide you with a puppy-proof, bed cover that will keep our beds neat and clean.
- Please make sure that your immunizations are current and that you are “flea-free”.
- You should be a contender for the “congeniality” award. It is required that all of our pet guests be both pet and people-friendly.
- We are located on 6 acres, and we sit ¼ mile off of the road. We still recommend, however, that you stay on the leash. This is a rural setting, and the grounds are not completely fenced. We do not want you to get lost or encounter any “local” dogs that may occasionally stray onto the property.
- Don’t forget to clean up during your walk! Do you need plastic bags? No problem – just ask.
- Bring your own food and bowls.
- Keep your human in your room with you while housekeeping services are being provided. This may also be a good time to take your human for a walk.
- Make sure that your human does not leave you unattended in the guestroom (during breakfast is fine) or in their vehicle or placed on a tie-out.
- No pet deposit is charged, but you should be on your best behavior. Your human is responsible for any damage, injury or annoyance that you may cause.
- Please see our policy page for the complete pet policy legalese.
We look forward to welcoming you and your dog to Casa Escondida soon! If you’re interested in finding activities that you and your pooch can enjoy together, request your free copy of our Chimayo Vacation Guide now! It’s filled with all the best recommendations for local attractions, outdoor activities, dining, and more.