If you’re planning upcoming trips to Santa Fe in 2023, then you likely already know that it’s a food-forward destination filled with one mouthwatering meal after another. Chefs leading up the best Santa Fe restaurants continue to churn out sensational meals, most of which burst with a flavor that can only be described as Santa Fean.
Santa Fe itself is, after all, a unique melting pot of cultures, with influences from Spanish, Mexican, southwestern, and Indigenous populations that have long lived here. The resulting mix of flavors is nothing short of delicious. You can truly find everything at Santa Fe restaurants, which is, of course, part of the draw. From a casual but juicy green chile cheeseburger to elegant fine dining, you can find it all in this vibrant city in northern New Mexico.
From one meal to the next, you can expect flavorful and authentic recipes to delight your tastebuds – and the food scene just continues to grow. If you’re looking for an incredible destination to wine and dine in this year, Santa Fe restaurants won’t disappoint. You don’t have to stay in the crowded core of Santa Fe for the duration of your trip, though. Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is just a short drive to the north of the City Different and offers an incomparable place to relax, unwind, and absorb the best of northern New Mexico.
If Santa Fe restaurants are a treat for your tastebuds, our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is a treat for your soul. Book your room at our top-rated New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today!
The 10 Absolute Best Santa Fe Restaurants for 2023
You’ll find many of the best Santa Fe restaurants downtown at the Santa Fe Plaza and the offshoot streets from this central hub. Whether you’re looking for casual, festive meals with margaritas and chips and salsa or a multi-course fine dining experience, it’s here in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Here are our top Santa Fe restaurants not to miss during your stay:
- If you’re looking for exquisite fine dining to make your tastebuds dance, don’t miss a meal at Geronimo. The atmosphere is elegant, and the cuisine is creative and global – an absolute must for any visit to Santa Fe.
- Another one of the Santa Fe restaurants that earns consistent praise is Sazon, with its elevated Latin-American cuisine. This is also an exceptional place to enjoy a flight of Tequila.
- Several Santa Fe restaurants have been recognized and awarded by the James Beard Awards Foundation, including Restaurant Martin in 2022.
- Dine in a beautiful, intimate, adobe-style restaurant at The Compound, and enjoy a range of contemporary American and Mediterranean foods. Their wine list is one of the best in the city, too.
- If you’re looking for a fun evening and a sensational meal, don’t miss the chance to dine at the chef’s counter at Coyote Cafe.
- Get a taste of Santa Fe’s Spanish heritage with delicious, inspired tapas at La Boca. It’s one of the best Santa Fe restaurants for small plates and shared meals, which makes it a great place for anything from a romantic dinner out to a celebration with friends.
- Though it’s not in Santa Fe, we’d be doing you a massive disserve by not listing Rancho de Chimayó on a list of the best Santa Fe restaurants. It just so happens to be down the street from our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast and offers traditional New Mexican cuisine that will have you heading home happy and satisfied.
- If you want to find something off the beaten path and maybe a little less crowded (at least with tourists), head to Arroyo Vino. This relaxed wine shop and bistro is about 15 minutes from downtown Santa Fe and serves delicious meals with great cocktails and wine.
- You can step outside the box and get a taste for something different at Santa Fe restaurants, too. One of our favorites for this is African-inspired Jambo Cafe.
- If you want to try something fresh and locally foraged, Santa Fe restaurants won’t disappoint. The Santa Fe Farmer’s Market keeps local restaurants supplied with fresh, seasonal ingredients year-round, but the chefs at Dr. Field Goods Kitchen take that one step further with plenty of delicious wild, foraged ingredients.
The Best Place to Stay in New Mexico
Though there’s no shortage of places to stay closer to these exquisite Santa Fe restaurants (except for Rancho de Chimayó, of course), there’s simply no better place to stay in New Mexico than our top-rated New Mexico Bed and Breakfast. We offer an incomparable home away from home, designed for romantic couples’ retreats, family getaways, solo adventurers, and everything in between.
You’ll find a range of comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast. We offer just nine guest rooms, meaning you won’t be surrounded by big crowds here. Whether you spend your days visiting Santa Fe Museums, dining at these leading Santa Fe restaurants, hiking in the hills of northern New Mexico, or learning about the unique cultural confluences in the area, there’s little doubt in our mind that you’ll come away refreshed from your time at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast.
What makes staying with us, as opposed to many of the larger properties in Santa Fe proper, is the attentive and personalized hospitality you’ll enjoy throughout your stay. You’ll wake up to the delightful aromas of our Piñon-roasted coffee and a delicious Southwest-inspired breakfast being made for you – a simple pleasure that is sure to start your day off on the right food.
From there, how you spend your time in New Mexico is entirely up to you. We’re centrally located and within easy driving distance of Santa Fe and Taos and all of the top attractions in northern New Mexico, but we’re equally as happy to host you here in our cozy accommodations for the day, curling up with your favorite book and soaking up the natural beauty of our rural village. Book your getaway with us today!