Casa Escondida Guest Guidelines
Casa Escondida is a Chimayo, New Mexico, bed and breakfast near Santa Fe and Taos. We welcome both children and pets at our Inn! Please read on for details about all of our policies.
Book your favorite guest room online or call us directly at 505-351-4805.
Room rates are based on double occupancy (2 guests). There is an extra guest fee of $20 per night for each additional guest in the room.
Children Are Welcome at Our New Mexico B&B
Supervised children are welcome at our kid-friendly New Mexico Inn. If there are more than two guests in the room, children 12 years of age or older are charged the standard extra guest fee of $20 per night, per extra guest. We offer a children’s rate of $12 per extra guest, per night for children that are 11 years of age or younger.
We Are One of the Best Pet-Friendly Inns in New Mexico!
Pets are welcome in any of our pet-friendly rooms at Casa Escondida when arranged in advance. We are located on six beautiful acres and our area features many lovely pet-friendly trails. However, we do recommend that you keep your pet on its leash at all times as this is a rural setting and our grounds are not completely fenced!
Upon arrival, your pup will be treated to a delicious doggie treat and a bottomless bag of biscuits. Don’t forget to bring your own food and bowls!
Rules & Guidelines for Pets:
- We do not charge a pet deposit, but there is a pet fee of $15 per pet, per night.
- Unfortunately, pets cannot join you for breakfast in the main house (but can be left in your guest room). At all other times, pets cannot be left unattended in guest rooms, vehicles, or tied outside.
- You must clean up after walking your pet. Do you need plastic bags? No problem – just ask!
- Pet owners must be in their room with their pet or remove the pet from the room for housekeeping services to be provided.
- If your pup is the type that can’t resist getting on the bed, let us know. We are happy to provide you with a puppy-proof, bed cover that will keep our beds neat and clean.
- Please make sure that your pet’s immunizations are current and he or she is “flea-free.”
- Did you forget your doggie bed? Let us know! We have a little rug that we can put in your room during your stay.
Legalese policy: You are representing your pet(s) as being non-aggressive to both other animals and to people. You understand that Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast is relying upon this representation as being true. Guests are responsible for all actions of their pets, including personal injuries and/or property damage. You agree to hold harmless Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast, its owner and staff, from all liability and/or damage suffered as a result of your pet(s). By making a reservation and adding a pet to your stay, you are confirming that you have read and understand the pet policy and that you agree to abide by all of its terms.
Check-in Time: Our staffed check-in time is from 4 PM – 6 PM. Early or late arrivals are not a problem but they must be arranged in advance.
Check-out Time: 11 AM. Check-outs later than 11 AM must be arranged in advance.
Payment Methods: Cash, personal checks, or traveler’s checks are the preferred form of payment. If this is not possible, we are able to accept VISA & MasterCard.
Deposits: A valid VISA or MasterCard is required to make a confirmed reservation. A $50 deposit is charged at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance of the reservation is paid at check-out. Additional charges will only be billed to the credit card in the event of a late cancellation or a no-show.
Cancellation Policies at Our New Mexico B&B Inn
Required Cancellation Notification: We understand that sometimes your plans change or emergencies arise. If you are only reserving 1 guestroom and it is canceled at least 14 days in advance (not including your day of arrival), there is no charge associated with the cancellation. Cancellation of reservations that are for more than 1 guestroom or for stays of 7 nights or longer requires a 21-day cancellation notice. Required cancellation notice also applies to delayed arrivals or early departures.
Cancellation of a reservation for the entire B&B (all 8 rooms) requires a 60-day cancellation notice.
Guests are responsible for any portion of their reservation which could not be rebooked if canceled with less than the required notice.
Cancellation Gift Certificate: We gladly issue a gift certificate for the amount billed to your credit card for canceled reservations which could not be re-booked. Cancellation gift certificates are completely transferable and they do not expire.
Cause of Cancellation / Trip Insurance: Please note that our cancellation policy is NOT dependent on the cause or reason for the cancellation. We are unable to be responsible for elements such as bad weather; flight delays or flight cancellations; illnesses or injuries; family, pet or work emergencies; or even the most unfortunate of unexpected events, a death. Please be aware that you have the option of purchasing “trip insurance” that could protect you from the costs incurred due to an unforeseen cancellation. There are many suppliers of trip insurance and they are easily found on the Internet or often times, through your credit card provider.
Accommodating Special Needs
We make every attempt to accommodate the special needs of our guests. It is impossible, however, for us to proactively ask about every conceivable condition or requirement of a guest. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of your booking of any special needs for anyone in your group. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary requirements; physical limitations; allergies (food, pet, environmental); intolerances; or sensitivities (chemical or otherwise). If you need to cancel your reservation or depart and we were not notified of your special needs at the time of your booking, you are responsible for payment for any portion of your reservation that we could not rebook.
Smoking is permitted outside. Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted. Alcohol is not provided.
Specials and Packages Policies
- Specials or discounted rates are subject to availability and must be confirmed at the time the reservation is made. Discounts are not retroactive for existing reservations. Specials or discounted rates may not be combined with any other offers. Changes in reservation dates or the length of the reservation may eliminate discounts applied to the original reservation. Specials or discounted rates are not commissionable.
- In-room massage services that are provided by a massage therapist will be scheduled per your request. 24-hour cancellation required for massages.
- All add-on packages are provided on your date of arrival (unless otherwise requested) and will be in your room upon check-in.