Summer in New Mexico is all about adventure. From hiking through the mountains and forests of northern New Mexico and rafting down beautiful area rivers to tackling the best New Mexico mountain biking trails, there’s no shortage of possibilities. Northern New Mexico is an outdoor lover’s paradise, and it’s all at your fingertips when you visit our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is centrally located near some of the top New Mexico mountain biking trails, not to mention other top attractions in northern New Mexico. Santa Fe is roughly 40 minutes to the south, while Taos is just over an hour north. Whether you’re looking for cross-country trails, rugged mountain trails, downhill trails, or something in between, you’ll certainly find some fantastic New Mexico mountain biking trails within easy driving distance of our Bed and Breakfast.
When you’re done for the day, the tranquil paradise that is our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast will be ready to welcome you back. Unlike city-based properties, you won’t find large crowds and noise here. Breathe deeply and enjoy the quiet sounds of nature in northern New Mexico – it’s genuinely a retreat like no other. Book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best New Mexico Mountain Biking Trails
Mountain biking has been growing in popularity around the country, and we also see that trend here in New Mexico, with several recently developed New Mexico mountain biking trails. Northern New Mexico is home to some of the best mountain biking in the country and serves as a fantastic way to see this gorgeous high-desert terrain.
One of the best parts about the network of New Mexico mountain biking trails is the variety in challenge and terrain. There’s something for everyone here, and most of them are accessible throughout the year. There are far more New Mexico mountain biking trails than we can cover here, but below, you’ll find 14 favorites in the Santa Fe and Taos areas.
New Mexico Mountain Biking Near Santa Fe
- The Dale Ball Trail network is one of the easiest to access and most popular New Mexico mountain biking trails near Santa Fe. It features more than 25 miles of trails suitable for hiking and biking and can be accessed from downtown Santa Fe.
- The Winsor Trail is another popular one in the Santa Fe area. It’s a beautiful ride through the Santa Fe National Forest.
- The La Tierra trails are considered to be a little easier, offering multi-use access near downtown Santa Fe.
- If you’re looking for leisurely New Mexico mountain biking trails, consider the Santa Fe Rail Trail. Like most rail trails, this one is relatively flat but takes you through some lovely scenery.
- The Pajarito Mountain trails, which are actually closer to us in Los Alamos, are a great place to find lift-served New Mexico mountain biking trails.
- The Atalaya Mountain Trail is another great trail in the Santa Fe National Forest and offers excellent views of Santa Fe.
- The Chamisa Trail, which connects with the Winsor trail, is another excellent choice for New Mexico mountain biking in the Santa Fe area.
Mountain Biking Trails Near Taos
- The South Boundary Trail is one of the most popular New Mexico mountain biking trails near Taos. It takes you on a magnificent journey across the Sangre de Cristo Mountains – and is especially beautiful in the fall when the aspens turn color.
- Amole Canyon trail in the Carson National Forest is a beautiful place to ride.
- For sweeping views of the Taos valley, head to Devisadero Peak in the Carson National Forest.
- For easy mountain biking near Taos with gorgeous views, don’t miss the Rio Grande Gorge West Rim Trail.
- There’s fantastic New Mexico mountain biking terrain at Taos Ski Valley, many of which are served by chairlifts.
- Another great New Mexico mountain biking trail near Taos is the Ojito Canyon Trail. From here, you can access the Chama River Canyon Wilderness and the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail.
- Another easier option in the area is the Rito de la Olla/Bernardin Lake trail, which takes you through some beautiful wildflower meadows.
The Best Northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast
While these 14 New Mexico mountain biking trails are great, there are so many more we haven’t had a chance to talk about yet. There are trails all over northern New Mexico, including some close to our relaxing New Mexico Bed and Breakfast! With so many incredible things to do in northern New Mexico, it’s easy to get lost in the days here – but you’ll have plenty of reasons to return to this desert paradise year after year.
Every time you visit northern New Mexico, we hope you make the Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast your home away from home. We offer nine comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms, plenty of amenities, and warm, welcoming hospitality. Each morning of your stay, you’ll have a delicious breakfast before heading out on your next adventure.
There’s a reason our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is rated as one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. It’s time to experience it for yourself! Book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today.