One of the best things about staying at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is the proximity to all of the incredible things to do in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque. From our one destination, you can get a true feel for northern New Mexico’s stunning natural beauty, as well as the unique cultural and artistic attractions the area is famous for.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is located in the town of Chimayó, which is about 35 minutes from Santa Fe, about an hour from Taos, and 90 minutes from Albuquerque. We offer guests breathtaking views of the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountains, nine guest rooms, and an atmosphere unlike any other lodging property in the area.
We’re open here in New Mexico and permitted to have up to a 50% occupancy rate. Now’s a great time to plan an extraordinary fall getaway to New Mexico, where you can experience the very best of things to do in Taos. Book your room at the comfortable Inn today
Discover the Best Things to do in Taos, New Mexico
Though there’s so much to see and do in this incredible part of New Mexico, one of our favorite places to visit and to send our guests is the beautiful town of Taos, New Mexico. Travelers descend upon Taos year after year for a number of reasons not the least of which is the area’s stunning beauty.
Taos, once a leading arts colony, is also home to an incredibly rich tapestry of artistic and cultural heritage. The diversity of things to do in Taos is incredible. It’s home to the famed cultural heritage sites, and it’s long been a mecca for artists and creatives from around the world, all coming in search of the majestic beauty and spiritual heritage of this place.
Taos is a lot of things and often experienced in different ways by each person that comes here. Taos is home to 1,000+ years worth of history, which means there are more things to do in Taos than you’ll have time for a single trip. However, if you’re looking for the best things to do in Taos NM, we have your guide! Here are 10 of our top recommendations*:
- You can’t visit Taos without visiting the Taos Pueblo, which is a collection of multi-storied adobe dwellings that have been continuously inhabited for over 1000 years. The Pueblo is the only living Native American community designated as both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a National Historic Landmark. There’s a reason it is one of the #1 things to do in Taos NM.
- Visit the Harwood Museum of Art. It’s the second oldest art museum in the state of New Mexico and showcases an exceptional collection of Hispanic works and visual arts from the Taos Society of Artists, Taos Moderns, and contemporary artists.
- Visit and photograph the San Francisco de Asís Church in Rancho de Taos.
- Head to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, which stands an impressive 650 feet above the river. The views from here are extraordinary and worth seeing at least once in your life. From there, explore the wide-open rugged landscapes of the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument.
- Get out on the river for some whitewater rafting. The best whitewater rafting in New Mexico is found in Taos on the incredible Rio Grande River.
- See New Mexico from a new vantage point, and soar through the skies in a hot air balloon ride.
- Take a summer chairlift ride up the Taos Ski Valley. At the top, you’ll enjoy views of Wheeler Peak, Kachina Peak, and enjoy abundant wildflowers. There’s also some great mountain biking in the area.
- Visit one of the natural hot springs in the Taos area, like Manby and Black Rock Hot Springs. You have to hike/walk into both of them, but sitting in the healing hot waters of northern New Mexico is a true must-have experience.
- Of all of these incredible things to do in Taos, few of them beat getting out into nature and exploring the incredible landscapes. Hiking is one of the best ways to do that, and there is certainly no shortage of great trails worth exploring. The Taos Valley Overlook is a wonderful place to start.
- Before you leave Taos, take a few moments to sit back and enjoy the Historic Taos Plaza, which is both figuratively and literally at the heart of Taos. The plaza has it all: live music, shops, galleries, people watching, and incredible displays of culture and heritage.
*Many of these sites are currently closed to the public. Please be mindful of COVID-19 travel restrictions before you go.
The Best Northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast
We could talk for days about the many incredible things to do in Taos. It should truly be near the top of your list when visiting New Mexico. However, there are other great nearby places to explore, too, including Santa Fe and Albuquerque, and plenty of places in between.
Nestled right in the heart of it all is our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast, offering travelers an unparalleled experience and exceptional hospitality. With 9 guest rooms
to choose from, a trip to northern New Mexico is at your fingertips. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime this fall, and book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today