The town of Taos is one of the top travel destinations in northern New Mexico, and for a good reason. In addition to visiting the historic Pueblo, there are so many great things to do in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is about an hour from our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast, making it an easy day trip.
In fact, our proximity to top destinations like Taos and Santa Fe is one of the biggest reasons to make our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast your home base. Enjoy all the top things to do in Taos and the rest of northern New Mexico, and at the end of the day, you’ll find our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to return to. Here, you’ll be surrounded by six tranquil acres and plenty of that expansive New Mexico beauty you crave.
Casa Escondida is located in the charming town of Chimayó, which is itself a wonderful place to explore. It’s home to the famed Santuario de Chimayó, but that’s not all. Chimayó is also home to world-renowned weavers, found in places like Centinela Traditional Weaving Arts and Ortega’s Weaving, not to mention the famed Rancho de Chimayó, one of the top restaurants in New Mexico.
There’s no better time to plan your getaways to New Mexico. Book your room at our top-rated northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Best Things to do in Taos, New Mexico
One of our favorite places to send guests at our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is Taos. There are so many wonderful things to do in Taos, New Mexico. The most popular is, of course, to visit the historic Taos Pueblo, an iconic part of northern New Mexico’s cultural heritage. Taos is also incredibly beautiful, and as much there is an incredible range of things to do in Taos that go far beyond visiting the Pueblo.
The diversity of things to do in Taos, New Mexico, is impressive. From hiking and biking to visiting cultural sites and artists’ studios, you will certainly never find yourself bored in this charming town. It’s a town with over 1,000 years of history, which means there are far more things to do in Taos, New Mexico, than can be done in a single day trip. Even so, we’ve compiled a list of the “not-to-miss” things to do in Taos, New Mexico.
- Of all the incredible things to do in Taos, New Mexico, there is none more important than visiting the Taos Pueblo. The Pueblo is a collection of multi-storied adobe dwellings that have been continuously inhabited for over 1000 years. It’s the only living Native American community designated as both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a National Historic Landmark.
- Visit the beautiful San Francisco de Asís Church in Rancho de Taos – one of the many treasured and beautiful New Mexico churches worth visiting.
- Take in the views from the stunning 650-foot-tall Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, and then take the time to explore the rugged landscapes of the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument.
- Take a summer chairlift ride up the Taos Ski Valley. At the top, you’ll enjoy views of Wheeler Peak, Kachina Peak and enjoy abundant wildflowers. There’s also some excellent mountain biking in the area.
- The Harwood Museum of Art is the second oldest art museum in New Mexico. It showcases an exceptional collection of artwork, including those from Hispanic artists and the Taos Society of Artists.
- Get out on the river for some whitewater rafting – it’s here that you’ll find some of the best whitewater in the state of New Mexico.
- Taos is a great place to take a hot air balloon ride, enjoying the impressive landscapes of northern New Mexico below as you glide through the air.
- Speaking of impressive landscapes, hiking is one of the top things to do in Taos, New Mexico.
- Visit one of the natural hot springs in the Taos area, like Manby and Black Rock Hot Springs. You have to hike/walk into both of them, but sitting in the healing hot waters of northern New Mexico is an authentic must-have experience.
- Before you leave Taos, take a few moments to sit back and enjoy the Historic Taos Plaza, where you’ll find live music, shops, galleries, people watching, and incredible displays of culture and heritage.
The Best Place to Stay in Northern New Mexico
When it comes time to unwind from your busy day enjoying all of the best things to do in Taos, New Mexico, there’s no better place to stay in northern New Mexico than Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast. While staying here, take the time to explore all of the other great small towns and attractions in the area, too, including Santa Fe, Abiquiu, Tent Rocks, Bandelier National Monument, and so much more.
Our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is the perfect home away from home. We’re located right in the middle of the top attractions nearby and offer travelers an unparalleled experience and exceptional hospitality. With nine guest rooms to choose from, a trip to northern New Mexico is at your fingertips. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime this fall, and book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today.