The wineries in Santa Fe offer a surprising array of award-winning wines made in the oldest wine-growing region in the nation! This interesting city is filled with opportunities to see historic sites, taste incredible food, and see breathtaking art. A visit to the area’s best wineries is a new and unique way to spend your time in this enchanting place. The wineries in Santa Fe are an oasis in the Southwestern desert where you can relax and unwind after sightseeing. You are sure to have a memorable time tasting the variety of wines offered in and around Santa Fe and perhaps taking home a bottle as a delicious reminder of your time spent here.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to escape to this summer! Located in Chimayo on 6 beautiful acres, our secluded accommodations are the best place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. You’ll enjoy views of the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountains while relaxing in ultimate Southwestern comfort. Our luxurious accommodations create an ambiance of tranquility in the desert. Here you’ll be able to take in the views, slow down, and notice the surrounding beauty that is reflected at our Chimayo lodging. If you want the best place for a summertime getaway, book your stay with us today!
Visit These Top Wineries in Santa Fe
If you want a unique and pleasantly surprising way to see Santa Fe this summer, you should consider visiting one (or all) of the great wineries this New Mexican city has to offer! This area has a long and varied history with winemaking as Spanish settlers in the 1600s brought knowledge of this ancient craft with them. Because of this, the Santa Fe area is the oldest wine country region in the nation. Today the wineries in Santa Fe offer award-winning wine and spirits to taste. Take a bottle home with you as a memorable souvenir. Here are the top wineries in Santa Fe to stop by this summer.
- Gruet Winery includes tasting rooms in both Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Here they offer world-class sparkling wine using a method of winemaking brought over from the owner’s family in France where this establishment has its roots. Gruet Winery gas received much acclaim, having been mentioned in many articles as well as being named one of Wine Spectator’s Top 100 and being a nominee for American Winery of the Year in 2019 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. They offer non-vintage and vintage sparkling wine as well as still wines that include your favorite varietals. This is a must-visit place out of all the wineries in Santa Fe.
- Vivac Winery is one of the more traditional wineries in Santa Fe. The tasting room in Santa Fe is currently only open for bottle sales due to Covid restrictions, but as these guidelines change tastings will again be available at the Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavilion in the Railyard on market days. Their Dixon anchor tasting room is open 7 days a week where the beautiful patio offers tableside tastings. At Vivac Winery they have partnered with Eden Reforestation Projects so that every time a bottle is purchased, a tree is planted. All the more reason to buy a bottle to enjoy and buy one to take home with you!
- If you are looking for spirits as well as some wine to taste then Don Quixote Distillery and Winery is one of the best wineries in Santa Fe for you to check out. Here they strive to use local New Mexico ingredients where possible in recipes for gin, vodka, wines, ports, extracts, and even chocolates! There is a cozy tasting room in Santa Fe to visit as well as a store with t-shirts, and glassware for you to purchase. Of all the wineries in Santa Fe, the commitment to detail here is unprecedented and is seen from the want to be as earth-friendly as possible, to the small-batch distilling in each of their hand-crafted Stills.
- 45 minutes North of the city is one of the most popular wineries in Santa Fe, Black Mesa Winery. At this award-winning establishment, they use only New Mexican grapes that are considered the best in the state. Here they offer tastings, glasses of wine, cider, and beer. 100% of the wines are created onsite so quality is sure to be high at this boutique winery.
- Casa Abril Vineyards and Winery has deep Spanish family roots that add to the depth of their winemaking. Here they provide New Mexico wine made with Spanish and Argentinean grapes to produce both a traditional old-world wine as well as contemporary and new blends. They offer tasting experiences so that you can try as many of the different blends as possible.
The Best New Mexico Lodging
As you explore all of the top wineries in Santa Fe and the surrounding area, let our luxurious Chimayo bed and breakfast be your relaxing escape from the city! Our secluded New Mexico lodging is the tranquil retreat you have been looking for. Private guest rooms are set up for your ultimate comfort. The idyllic desert setting is reflected in the southwestern decor of each room. Each of our guest accommodations is set up differently and each offers unique amenities.
You may want a room with a view of Chimayo and the mountains, or perhaps you’d like a kiva fireplace or a patio. Choose the space that will make your vacation unforgettable. If you want the best place for a memorable and relaxing New Mexico getaway, book your stay with us today!