Plan your renewal of vows or your elopement in New Mexico and leave the Wedding Industrial Complex behind in low-key style at Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast in Chimayo. This hacienda-like inn is the perfect place to snuggle up with your partner on a chilly fall night before and after The Big Day.
Several rooms boast kiva fireplaces, the ultimate cozy accommodation. And if you want to surprise your partner with an exceptionally romantic room, add the Romance Package to your stay. You’ll be greeted with fresh flowers, a candlelight bath, bubble bath and bath salts, as well as an optional dinner reservation to take the stress out of planning your romantic night. You could stay in for your entire getaway and not have to lift a finger or head out and explore the region in this centrally located destination. Book your room today!
Elopement in New Mexico
Considering an elopement in New Mexico? There’s just something about the stunning, wide-screen simplicity of the northern New Mexico landscape that makes a couple feel they’ve got the world to themselves. We’re proud of our ability to contribute to that feeling with a modest, unobtrusive package to help your elopement in New Mexico go with the ease and convenience you want alongside scenic memories that will stay with you forever (we think of everything, including making sure you have what you need to get your marriage license locally so that getting hitched goes without a legalistic hitch).
And after your elopement in New Mexico, we’ll send you on your way with a number of cozy, intimate ideas for celebrate your togetherness in the area this fall. Here are some of Casa Escondida’s favorites:
- A romantic dinner at nearby Rancho de Chimayo. This popular Northern New Mexican restaurant is a James Beard Foundation award winner, and with good reason. As one food critic put it: “There isn’t anything that isn’t a gastronomic delight within these walls.”
- What could be more luxuriant and intimate than a private soak in a New Mexico hot spring? There are several volcanic aquifers that flow beneath the ground in our area, and when those waters rise to the surface, they create revitalizing hot springs that contain incredible healing minerals. Here’s five great hot springs near us.
- There’s something about a church, especially one as weighty with history as a Mission-style structure, that lends a pleasant air of solemnity and purpose to your pledge of marital commitment. There’s plenty in nearby Santa Fe to please the eye as well as the soul, and here are the historic houses of spiritual contemplation we find the most breathtaking.
- And closer to where you’re staying, don’t miss the Santuario de Chimayó, a holy church where thousands of spiritual pilgrims visit in the spring. In fall, you’re more likely to have one of the chapels all to yourself.
- And while you’re in Santa Fe, take in some of our favorite museums.
- Also not far from us is Taos, a dazzling city full of bright color that’s practically designed to be a departure from the everyday world. What more fitting place to pass a part of your own special getaway? Here are some places in Taos we especially love.
- If your idea of togetherness after your elopement in New Mexico is on two legs or two wheels, we’ve got the inside scoop on some breathtaking northern New Mexico hiking and biking trails suitable for fall outings.
Your New Mexico Elopement Getaway
Casa Escondida is not only the perfect place for your renewal of vows or your elopement in New Mexico this fall, it’s also the perfect place to stay for your big day. We offer a truly beautiful and restful place for making memories that will stay with you throughout your lives together. Reserve one of our spacious and luxurious guest rooms today at our northern New Mexico bed-and-breakfast!