We’re thrilled to welcome yet another beautiful fall in northern New Mexico. Fall is one of our favorite seasons at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast – and with one look around at this breathtaking scenery, it’s easy to see why. Northern New Mexico is undoubtedly one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. Here, you’ll find the highly-sought destinations of Santa Fe and Taos, plus a whole range of unparalleled outdoor adventures.
Northern New Mexico offers the perfect blend of big-city amenities, like restaurants, breweries, museums, and more in Santa Fe, combined with unprecedented access to some of the most beautiful scenery in New Mexico. Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is located right in the center, allowing you to enjoy the very best of northern New Mexico from one accessible destination.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast offers superb hospitality that big, impersonal hotel chains can’t match. Why stay somewhere ordinary when you can find the extraordinary? Don’t let a fall getaway to this beautiful part of the world pass you by. Book your room at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Getaway at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast
If you’re looking for the best place to stay in New Mexico this fall, look no further than our northern New Mexico Bed and Breakfast. Casa Escondida has it all: comfortable accommodations, a gorgeous rural setting, exceptional hospitality and exquisite attention to detail, and a prime location that allows you to enjoy the best of northern New Mexico from one great place.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is located in the charming village of Chimayó, known for the Santuario de Chimayó and the incredible artisans that call this place home. Apart from embracing the arts and culture of this charming little town, we’re also conveniently located within an easy drive of both Taos and Santa Fe, allowing you to experience all facets of Northern New Mexican culture in one fantastic trip.
Whether you want to enjoy scenic drives this fall, hikes in the colorful hills of the surrounding mountains, or whether you’d rather be browsing art galleries, museums, and more, you’ll find there’s no shortage of things to do near our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast. You are, however, far enough away from the crowds to truly indulge in the relaxing getaway you crave this fall.
Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast offers nine uniquely appointed guest rooms, some of which are pet– and family-friendly. Each guest room has been decorated with traditional New Mexico decor with amenities that provide all the comforts of home. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a delicious multi-course breakfast in our sun-drenched dining room, and it’s the perfect fuel for all your adventures!
Things to do in New Mexico This Fall
New Mexico may not be on your shortlist of unique destinations to visit in the fall, it should be. As fall descends upon this area, the aspens and oaks light up trees, transforming the already beautiful landscapes into something truly remarkable. Northern New Mexico is filled with plenty of awe-inspiring abundance.
Take one look around, and it’s easy to see why fall is one of our favorite times in northern New Mexico. If you’re ready to get out and explore, here are some of our favorite things to do in New Mexico this fall.
- Drive the High Road to Taos Scenic Byway. Though the road technically starts in Santa Fe and travels 105 miles to Taos, you can hop on the route right here in Chimayó near our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast and launch an exciting adventure into these beautiful mountain villages.
- If you’re up for even more scenic drives, fall is undoubtedly the time for them! Scenic drives are one of our favorite things to do in New Mexico in the fall, and there are several of them! Top fall drives include the Enchanted Circle loop, Santa Fe National Forest Scenic Byway, Jemez Mountain Trail Scenic Byway, and the Sandia Crest Scenic Byway, part of the Turquoise Trail National Scenic Byway.
- Hiking is perhaps one of the best things to do in New Mexico in the fall, and there’s no shortage of trails to explore. The high temperatures of summer are dropped to the mild and enjoyable fall temperatures, and the landscapes are dramatically beautiful throughout the season.
- Visit the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, or take your hot air balloon adventure. Fall is a spectacular time to take to the skies!
- Though it’s not yet ski season, you can still take an extraordinary trip to the top of New Mexico’s top ski resorts. Ski Santa Fe and the Taos Ski Valley offer scenic chairlift rides in the fall.
- Attend one of the many incredible fall events held in the Santa Fe area each fall. Highlights include the Santa Fe Farmers Market, the High Road Art Tour, the Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta, and the Harvest Festival at El Rancho de las Golondrinas.
- Enjoy some wine tasting on the New Mexico Wine Trail. If you’re looking for recommendations, check out a recent blog we wrote about our favorite wineries.
- Take a scenic train ride aboard the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. You’ll enjoy sweeping views of New Mexico’s rolling hills and mountainous terrain.
- It’s also a great time to visit the many incredible Santa Fe Museums.
- With the sun setting earlier by the day, fall is also a great time to do some stargazing – and there are some truly exceptional places in New Mexico for precisely that. Here’s a great list of places to go stargazing in New Mexico, with one of the closest being the Valles Caldera National Preserve.
Of course, one of our favorite things to do in New Mexico this fall is relaxing at our incredible New Mexico Bed and Breakfast. From the moment you arrive at Casa Escondida, you’ll realize that a stay here is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Book your fall getaway before it’s too late!