A new year is here, which means an entire year full of adventures and possibilities are waiting to be discovered. New Mexico should definitely be on your “must-see” list this year. The northern part of the state is, without a doubt, one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. It’s here that you’ll find the highly-sought destinations of Santa Fe and Taos, plus a whole range of outdoor adventures.
What makes the charming yet rugged part of the state one of the best places to stay in New Mexico? It’s a combination of big-city amenities, like restaurants, breweries, museums, and more in Santa Fe, combined with unprecedented access to some of the most beautiful scenery in New Mexico. Our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is located right in the center of all, too, allowing you to enjoy the very best of northern New Mexico from one accessible destination.
Aside from visiting extraordinary places, visiting New Mexico also gives you the chance to stay at our rural Bed and Breakfast, which we would consider top among the best places to stay in New Mexico. We’re situated between Santa Fe and Taos – close enough for you to be able to enjoy the best of this magnificent area but far enough away to relax and unwind under the night skies of beautiful New Mexico.
It’s truly the getaway of a lifetime. Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast, one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. Book your room today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in New Mexico
New Mexico is a pretty big state, but northern New Mexico, near the cities of Taos and Santa Fe, is one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. There’s so much to do here, whether it’s getting outdoors or embracing the arts and culture. When it comes to extraordinary lodging in Mexico, nothing beats our Bed and Breakfast’s comfortable accommodations and exceptional hospitality near Santa Fe.
Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast is located in the charming town of Chimayó, famous for its Santuario de Chimayó, and close enough to both Santa Fe and Taos so that you can enjoy the best art galleries, museums, restaurants, outdoor attractions, and all the other great things to do in New Mexico. However, our Bed and Breakfast is also far enough away to soak up the tranquil ambiance of New Mexico’s stunning landscapes. We offer guests the perfect blend between rustic and elegant accommodations, set amidst stunning natural surroundings. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
Regardless of what you plan to do during the day, each morning here will start with a delicious and hearty breakfast. It’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead. You definitely won’t go hungry here – and this is one of the many reasons our Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in New Mexico.
The Best Things to do in New Mexico in 2022
There are plenty of reasons to consider the Santa Fe area one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. It starts, of course, with the biggest draw to the area; New Mexico is a veritable mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. There are virtually endless hiking and biking trails in northern New Mexico, and by winter, these trails are blanketed with snow for an entirely new range of outdoor pursuits.
If you’re not into the outdoors or want a mix of adventure and culture on your trip, you can find that in New Mexico, too! Santa Fe is a world-class arts destination filled with incredible art galleries and an exceptional array of museums. Not only that, but Santa Fe is a foodie destination as well. Northern New Mexico, which includes popular destinations like Taos and Santa Fe, offers a little something for everyone, and that is why we consider it one of the best places to stay in New Mexico.
Depending on when you visit, there are more than enough things to do in New Mexico to keep you busy and having fun, too! We’ve broken our list of things to do in New Mexico by summer activities (which apply to spring, summer, and fall) and winter activities for you snow-loving adventurers. It won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the best places to stay in New Mexico!
The rugged natural beauty of this area lends itself to summertime exploration, and so there are many options of things to do in New Mexico. Whatever you choose to do, get ready for plenty of big adventures!
- Hiking is perhaps one of the best things to do in New Mexico in the summer (and spring, fall, and winter), and there’s definitely no shortage of trails to explore. Here are a few great places to start your hiking adventures.
- Drive the High Road to Taos Scenic Byway. Though the road technically starts in Santa Fe and travels 105 miles to Taos, you can hop on the route right here in Chimayó and launch an exciting adventure into these beautiful mountain villages.
- While you can take the time to visit the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in the fall, anytime is a great time to take to the skies around Santa Fe for a hot air ballooning adventure!
- Attend one of the many incredible events held in the Santa Fe area throughout the year. The list of must-see events is positively packed!
- Enjoy some wine tasting on the New Mexico Wine Trail. If you’re looking for recommendations, check out a recent blog we wrote about our favorite wineries.
- Anytime s a great time to visit the many incredible Santa Fe Museums, and while you’re there, don’t miss your chance to wander the beautiful Canyon Road, admiring and shopping in the many art galleries and boutiques in this part of the city.
- Santa Fe is a world-class mountain biking destination, and there are plenty of incredible mountain biking trails all over northern New Mexico to explore.
- As one of the oldest cities in the country, there is an abundance of historic attractions to explore in Santa Fe, not to mention the historic Taos Pueblo.
Snow, delicious chili’s, and relaxation! That is what winter in New Mexico is all about. There are plenty of things to do in Santa Fe in the winter, and this opportunity for four seasons of fun is what makes this one of the best places to stay in New Mexico. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in New Mexico in the winter:
- Ski Santa Fe is a wonderful place for skiers of all levels, but in total, there are more incredible New Mexico ski resorts within an easy drive of our Inn. No wonder northern New Mexico is rated as one of the best places to stay in New Mexico!
- Hiking is one of the best things to do in New Mexico, regardless of the season. There’s plenty of winter hiking, and when the snow gets deep, strap on a pair of snowshoes and keep exploring. Here are some of the most recommended hikes in New Mexico near Santa Fe.
- Winter is an excellent time for scenic day drives. If the snows hold off, the stark beauty of New Mexico’s high desert during the last gasp of changing fall color makes for gorgeous outings from the warmth of your vehicle.
- With fewer crowds in town during the winter, it’s a great time to visit Bandelier National Monument. These 33,000 acres of rugged but beautiful canyon and mesa country offer evidence of a human presence going back more than 11,000 years.
- Again, with fewer crowds in town, it’s the perfect time to explore the best Santa Fe museums. At times, you’ll feel as though you have the space to yourself!
- Eat, eat, and eat again! This is the perfect season to taste your way through the top Santa Fe restaurants – some of which you don’t even have to worry about reservations for (though we always recommend reservations to be safe).
If you’re ready to experience the best place to stay in New Mexico, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in New Mexico.